Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lullaby and Goodnight; or Maybe More Aptly Titled: I Can't Believe I Just Wrote About Pee

I think I may be up all night. I was so tired today, we have had rain and dark skies for the past 5 days and the humidity has just been killer. I have had a headache for 4 days, I think because of the high humidity, and just overall have felt like I've been hit by a truck. This is a riveting read so far, right?
Anyway, today I really needed a nap this afternoon but instead, trucked all 4 kids off to the BIG BLUE STORE, known to others outside of my home as, quite simply, IKEA. More on that another time.
No nap today, so for sure thought I would get at least the two younger kids to bed and then head off to bed myself by at eight. I say no nap today, like a nap is actually a recurring thing in the afternoons for me, which IT IS NOT. Anyway, the older ones would watch TV or baseball with hubby and he could get them off to bed on his own. Tucked in the 3 year old, and off to Taco's room to sing him his 5 nighttime songs, but because my hubby keeps this house at a freezing 68 degrees, I had to crawl under the covers to do the singing and lullabying for the night because I was just to cold to sing on top of the covers. Who wouldn't be? Well, apparently singing lullabies under a big old comforter with a smiling farmer on it not only puts my son to sleep, but me as well. So at 7:20 this evening I was out for the night. Or so I thought.
But, as I do every night, I had to get up to use the bathroom. This means I had to pee, people.
And normally, when I go to sleep at 10 or 11, my normal bedtime hours, that puts me at waking up for a bathroom break at about 1 or 2 am. No problems ever going back to sleep. But, as I found out tonight, when you fall asleep 3 hours earlier than your norm, you wake up to pee three hours earlier...so you guessed it... at 10:30 I was wide awake. I tossed and turned for an hour trying to pretend I wasn't wide awake, but finally gave in and headed downstairs. Hubby was just on his way up to bed and gave me a weird look as I plopped on the couch, remote and laptop in hand. So, now it is almost 2am, what I guess one would call the wee hours, and I am contemplating getting up and organizing the junk drawer and maybe the cabinet in the kitchen that we keep all the medicine in. But first, I must finish watching my 3 hour session of Big Brother, After Dark. Emmy-winning TV, people, Emmy winning. Any questions you may have about bunny suits and back-stabbing, feel free to send them my way. Don't get me wrong, I do watch the weekly show, I laugh, and think it is fine for summer TV watching. But this Showtime After Dark show? Surely I could find a better use for 3 hours of my life. Or not.

No comments: