Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm Thinking That The Grandma Is Probably Sorry She Asked

A sweet, grandmotherly lady smiled at me and asked...

"Are they all yours?"


So I replied...

"Why no, I just enjoy the experience of shopping with 4 children at a crowded Walmart on a Saturday morning, so I borrowed the neighbors kids and brought them."


And then I said...

"Excuse my sarcasm ma'am, it's been a rough couple of days. The storms and all, you know. I've been with out power for about 24 hours and not had cable, phone, OR THE INTERNET, for 49 hours 12 minutes and 19 seconds. So I thought just the thing to calm my nerves would be a trip to Walmart with 4 monkeys who can't hold on to a shopping cart and walk in a straight line if their lives depended on it."

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh my...I would be going nuts too! No internet? cable? AHHHH! Seems you have it back as I am reading this post.

Hope the first day of school goes well.